Thu, Jun 01|
The ZYF N.E.A.T. Challenge!
Give Me 2 weeks…… and you’ll learn how easy it is to increase your movement habit!
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2023, 12:00 AM – Jun 14, 2023, 12:00 AM
About the event
Simply add more move movement into your life during your everyday activities. You’ll be impressed by the results!
WE GET STARTED ON JUNE 1, 2023
Moving more doesn’t have to be complicated. . . It doesn’t require hitting the gym hard every day.
You’re busy. You have a life. You know the benefits of moving more, but fitting everything in is hard.
NEAT is non-exercise activity thermogenesis. This is a fancy way of describing the energy we expend by doing daily tasks like yard projects, tasks at work, and even fidgeting.
NEAT's role in supporting a healthy life is more impactful than one might think. Being more active, in general, helps reduce the time spent on sedentary activities (sitting, lying down, etc.), which is known to have an increased risk of chronic illness.
There is such a variance in NEAT from person to person based on lifestyle and work demands, and having an "ideal" amount is hard to pinpoint. Finding a level of this type of activity that feels best to you and your goals will be the most helpful in your success.
The goal of this challenge is to increase our NEAT.
Here are some NEAT ideas:
*Set a time and get up and move around every hour
*Walk or ride a bike to locations you typically drive to
*Park a block away or at the end of the parking lot
*Walk around the playground or sporting event while your child is playing
*Do five squats every time you use the washroom
*Do countertop pushups while the coffee brews or the water boils
*Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
So, What’s the Challenge?
1. RSVP to this event and watch for the email confirmation.
2. The confirmation email will have a link to the group. JOIN THE GROUP (lots of people miss this step).
3. Make a list of NEAT activities you can reference throughout the month.
4. Beginning on June 1, record your NEAT activity throughout the day.
5. Share your NEAT activity with the group at the end of each day. Feel free to add photos!
1. Use alarms to prompt you. Maybe three or four a day to remind you to do your NEAT activity and one at the end of the day to report your NEAT activity.
2. Download the app. It’s much easier to post in the group from there. Just use your phone's browser to go to zoyoga.com, and you will see a banner to download.
Ready! Set! Go!